The primary objective of Reflective Cracking Outdoor (RCOD) Phase II was to evaluate the performance of HMA overlays when exposed to temperature changes and aircraft trafficking.
Specifically, RCOD Phase II included:
- Perform additional accelerated aircraft trafficking on the RCOD TT section
- Measure strain responses in the HMA overlay under aircraft trafficking
- Conduct visual distress surveys to document any visual cracking
- Analyze daily temperature and joint displacement measurements
- Assess changes in structural capacity using nondestructive testing (NDT)