Non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques have applications in many of the FAA’s pavement-related specifications and standards.
These areas include:
- Acceptance of new construction
- Measurement of material properties for thickness design
- Measurement of pavement response for design of overlays
- Determination of pavement structural condition
- Measurement of pavement functional condition, and
- Maintenance of pavement management systems and databases.
ATR is establishing specifications for existing NDT devices, developing new devices, techniques, and methodologies, and evaluating the performance and applicability of those new and innovative devices.
Contact Project Lead Dr. Richard Ji