FAARFIELD 2.0.0.e RC
FAARFIELD 2.0.0.e RC is the evaluation version of the FAARFIELD 2.0 airport pavement thickness design software accompanying DRAFT AC 150/5320-6G, Airport Pavement Design and Evaluation.
FAARFIELD 2.0.0.e RC (Release Candidate) is the evaluation version of the airport pavement thickness design software accompanying DRAFT AC 150/5320-6G, Airport Pavement Design and Evaluation. FAARFIELD 2.0 features:
- A completely redesigned graphical user interface (GUI) with improved screen flow and explorer-based navigation.
- A new 3D finite element computational library, FAASR3D (FAA Structural Response – 3D), written in Visual Basic.NETTM.
- Support for the new ICAO ACR-PCR system (planned to replace ACN-PCN).
- New graphical vehicle editor provides the ability to add, save and edit user-defined vehicles.
- Updated aircraft library.
- Ability to work with multiple jobs/sections at once.
- FAARFIELD stands for FAA Rigid and Flexible Iterative Elastic Layered Design. FAARFIELD 2.0 incorporates full 3D finite element responses to aircraft loads (for new rigid pavements and rigid overlays). The 3D finite element models used for rigid pavement designs are computationally intensive and may result in long run times, depending on the computer characteristics. We would appreciate your comments concerning this program and your suggestions on how it could be improved.
- FAARFIELD 2.0 runs on WindowsTM operating systems. Windows 7 or higher is recommended. Please follow installation instructions in the readme file.
- Point of contact: For questions, comments or further information concerning this program, please contact Dr. David R. Brill, FAA Airport Technology R&D Branch, ANG-E262.
FAARFIELD 2.0.0.e RC is an evaluation version and is not currently an FAA design standard. To download the current standard software FAARFIELD 1.42, use the following link: FAARFIELD 1.42