FAARFIELD 2.0 is the standard software accompanying the following FAA Advisory Circulars: AC 150/5320-6G - Airport Pavement Design and Evaluation, AC 150/5335-5D - Standardized Method of Reporting Pavement Strength - PCR
FAARFIELD 2.0 is the FAA’s standard software for airport pavement thickness design and evaluation (AC 150/5320-6G, Airport Pavement Design and Evaluation) and pavement strength reporting using the ACR/PCR method (AC 150/5335-5D, Standardized Method of Reporting Pavement Strength – PCR). FAARFIELD 2.0 features include:
- A completely redesigned graphical user interface (GUI) with improved screen flow and explorer-based navigation
- A new 3D finite element computational library, FAASR3D (FAA Structural Response – 3D), written in Visual Basic.NET
- Support for the new ICAO ACR-PCR system
- New graphical vehicle editor provides the ability to add, save and edit user-defined vehicles
- Updated aircraft library
- Ability to work with multiple jobs/sections at once
- FAARFIELD stands for FAA Rigid and Flexible Iterative Elastic Layered Design. FAARFIELD 2.0 incorporates full 3D finite element responses to aircraft loads (for new rigid pavements and rigid overlays). The 3D finite element models used for rigid pavement designs are computationally intensive and may result in long run times, depending on the computer characteristics. We would appreciate your comments concerning this program and your suggestions on how it could be improved.
- FAARFIELD 2.0 runs on Windows operating systems. Windows 7 or higher is recommended. Please follow installation instructions in the readme file.
- For questions, comments or further information concerning this program, please contact Dr. David R. Brill, FAA Airport Technology R&D Branch, ANG-E262.
FAARFIELD 2.0 replaces all previous versions of FAARFIELD. To download the previous version, FAARFIELD 1.42, use the following link: FAARFIELD 1.42