BAKFAA Version 3.3.0 Release
FAA’s BAKFAA version 3.3.0 software performs backcalculation of pavement material properties using Heavy Weight Deflectometer/Falling Weight Deflectometer (HWD/FWD) data and is now available at https://www.airporttech.tc.faa.gov/Products/Airport-Pavement-Software-Programs/Airport-Software-Detail/ArtMID/3708/ArticleID/11/BAKFAA-version-330 . This release includes upgrades that improve functionality and enhances the user’s experience. Below are highlights in this release.
- Version 3.3.0 is set up as a .Net application that runs in the Windows environment.
- Upgrades to graphical displays for: Showing both measured and calculated deflections; Values backcalculated for layer moduli for each layer in the pavement structure; and LTE calculations in the main window.
- Output files that include LTE calculations based on a user’s preference.
- Conversion of a manufacturers FWD proprietary file formats into AASHTO PDDX format.
- Enabling users to delete drops considered anomalies, without changing the original FWD file.
- Sample files containing FWD input files detailed examples on how to conduct backcalculation, and .csv output files are provided for multiple types of pavement structures.
- Error reporting and pop up messages guide the user to select different values and run the software.
- Help files were updated with step-by-step guides for each function.
The FAA provides BAKFAA to allow airport pavement practitioners access to a powerful HWD/FWD data analyzing tool. BAKFAA enables accurate assessments of pavement remaining life and optimization of rehabilitation design.
Airport Technology and Research provides continuous support for the software component of the FAA’s Advisory Circulars used by airports and engineering consultants across the nation. BAKFAA is referenced in both AC 150/5320-6F, Airport Pavement Design and Evaluation, and AC 150/5370-11B, Use of Nondestructive Testing in the Evaluation of Airport Pavements.
Previous Versions of BAKFAA:
BAKFAA 188.8.131.52 (2017-09-29)